This are the basic Steps In Conducting A Research Process. We will now discuss the sequence of steps involved in conducting a research project.
Nine Steps In Conducting A Research Process
- Definition or statement of problem.
- Review of related literature.
- Formulation of hypotheses.
- Designing the study or research design.
- Collection of data.
- Organization of data.
- Analysis of data.
- Interpretation of data.
- Writing the research report.
The starting point of research is the definition of problem. Every research begins with the researcher focusing his attention at identifying and defining the problem whose solution is considered to be useful to the organization,
HYPOTHESIS TESTING STEPS, EXAMPLES AND FORMULA
A hypothesis is an intelligent guess of the solution to the research problem. A hypothesis is a statement which guides a researcher by providing a tentative solution to the research problem.
A hypothesis must be the problem under investigation. It must be testable, clearly stated and unambiguously. A hypothesis provides direction to a research project, and also enables the researcher to assess information collected.
Examples of hypothesis:
Research Topic: Influence of computerization in operational efficiency in commercial banks: a study of UBA Plc Station road branch Abuja.
Statement of Hypothesis:
- Computerization has enhanced operational efficiency and effectiveness in UBA Plc.
- The use of computers has increased customer satisfaction in the Bank.