THE ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT
A CASE STUDY OF OBINGWA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ABIA STATE
COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIAL COST 5000 NAIRA OR $10 ,
. A FRESH TOPIC NOT LISTED ON OUR WEBSITE COST 50,000 NAIRA ( UNDERGRADUATE) OR 100,000 FOR SECOND DEGREE STUDENTS. $500. PLUS FREE SUPPORT UNTIL YOU FINISH YOUR PROJECT WORK. CONTACT US TODAY, WE MAKE A DIFFERENT. DESIGN AND WRITING IS OUR SKILLED. DESIGN AND WRITING IS OUR SKILLED.
Note: our case study can be change to suit your desire location . we are here for your success.
Account Name : Chi E-Concept Int’l
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0115939447
Account Name: Chi E-Concept Int’l
Account Name: 3059320631
Foreign Transaction For Dollars Payment :
Bank Name: GTBank
Branch Location: Enugu State,Nigeria.
Account Name: Chi E-Concept Int’l
Account Number: 0117780667.
Swift Code: GTBINGLA
Dollar conversion rate for Naira is 175 per dollar.
ATM CARD: YOU CAN ALSO MAKE PAYMENT USING YOUR ATM CARD OR ONLINE TRANSFER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR BANKER SECURITY GUIDE ON HOW TO TRANSFER MONEY TO OTHER BANKS USING YOUR ATM CARD. ATM CARD OR ONLINE BANK TRANSFER IS FASTER FOR QUICK DELIVERY TO YOUR EMAIL . OUR MARKETER WILL RESPOND TO YOU ANY TIME OF THE DAY. WE SUPPORT CBN CASHLESS SOCIETY.
PAY ONLINE USING YOUR ATM CARD. IT IS SECURED AND RELIABLE.
form>DELIVERY PERIOD FOR BANK PAYMENT IS LESS THAN 2 HOURS
How to transfer from your bank account to All Nigeria banks without internet
1. Access Bank:
3. Fidelity Bank:
5. First Bank
7. Heritage Bank:
8. Keystone Bank:
9. Sky Bank:
10. Stanbic IBTC:
11. Sterling Bank:
13. Unity Bank:
14. Zenith Bank:
15. Diamond Bank
To know your BVN, dial
E.g for First bank… *894 *Amount *Acct. No. #
Please dail d code from d number u used to register d account from the bank
CALL OKEKE CHIDI C ON : 08074466939,08063386834.
AFTER PAYMENT SEND YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS TO
08074466939 or 08063386834, YOUR PROJECT TITLE YOU WANT US TO SEND TO YOU, AMOUNT PAID, DEPOSITOR NAME, UR EMAIL ADDRESS,PAYMENT DATE. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR MATERIAL IN LESS THAN 2 HOURS ONCE WILL CONFIRM YOUR PAYMENT.
WE HAVE SECURITY IN OUR BUSINESS.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Various accounting system is being used by different organizations or firms to speculate and analyse their financial statue.
However, for an organization to know the system of accounting they will adopt depends on the kind of transaction/business or activities such organization engaged Nigeria my country. The problem of adopting a particular accounting system especially among the various local governments in the states, has always been taken into consideration to ensure good control and efficient management of government operation. To a reasonable and considerable extent. This has been achieved, but due to the complex system of our local government accounting, there has been some set back.
Against this background, this project is designed to point out the ways and systems through which the revenues and expenditures of local Governments are accounted for.
The accounting system of Obingwa Local Government Area will be used as a reference point to unravel this problems, and as well their solutions. Also, this project will identify the nature and purpose of L.G.A accounting and financial control.
Chapter one of this work is designed to show the introduction of the case study with the various reforms to its scope of operation. It also term’s to consider the problems facing the local governments accounting system in Nigeria, chapter two of this research work attempts to explore in details the related literature on the topic, review of local government accounting system will regards to Obingwa L.G.A. Also, is the L.G.A system of accounting for capital expenditure, recurrent expenditure and stores.
Chapter three will tend to examine the research design, the sample and instrument of data collection and the method of analysis. These items are moreover most important because the validity of the study is relative to the ability of the researcher to reach those directly concerned with the problem of the research.
Chapter four is designed to analyse the responses of the respondents of Obingwa L.G.A workers at various levels.
Chapter five of this research work will tend to summarize, draw a conclusion and make recommendations that will adequately make effective impact in the maintenance of local government accounting system that will be devoid of any immaterial facts, so as to maintain a true financial position at any point in times.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- Statement of the problem
- Objectives of the study
- Significance of the study
- Methodology of research
- Scope and limitation of the study
- Statement of hypothesis
- Review of related literature
- Accounting system
- Local government accounting system
- Nature and purpose of local government accounting and financial control
- Local government basis of accounting
- Books of accounts and accounting records in local government systems.
- Accounting for capital expenditure
- Accounting for recurrent revenue
- Stores accounting
- Population of study]
- Sample design
- Sources of data
3.3.1 Secondary sources of data
- Research instruments
- Methods of data analysis
Data Presentation and analysis
- Questionnaire distribution & rate of return: Table 5.1
- Classification of respondents
- Section B: Capital receipt / expenditure
- Section C: recurrent/expenditure
- Section D: stores
- Section E: General assessment
- Testing of hypothesis
Summary of findings and recommendation
- Summary of finding
- Recommendation for further studies
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT IS THE THIRD TIER OF THE THREE TIERS OF GOVERNMENT
The nationwide local government reform launched with reference to the 1999 constitution gave birth to the making of local government a third tier of government. However, the 1999 constitution gave it a fulk legal recognition and ever since then, it has enhanced the grass-root participation at local government and thus enlarged the responsibilities and roles of local government authorities.
The local government council as spent out in the fourth schedule of the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria section 7 has the following as its functions
- The economic development of the state particularly in so far as the affairs of the council and the state are affected and proposals made by the said commission or body.
- Collection of rates, radio and television license
- Establishment and maintenance of centuries burial grounds and homes for the destination or firm.
- Licensing of bicycle, trucks (other than mechanically propelled trucks), canoes, wheel barrows and cars.
- Establishment maintenance and regulation of slaughter houses, slaughter slabs, markets, motor parks and public places.
- Construction and maintenance of roads, streets lighting drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces or such public facilities as may be prescribed by the state assembly.
- Naming of roads and streets and numbering of house.
- Provision and maintenance of public convenience sewages and refuse disposal.
- Registration of all births, deaths and marriages.
- Assessment of privately owned housed or tenants for the purpose of leaving such rates as may be prescribed by the house of assembly of a state.
- Control and regulation of:
- Out-door advertising and hoarding
- Movement and keeping of pets of all description.
- Shops and Kiosks
- Restaurants, bakeries are the place fore food sales to the public.
- Licensing and
- Licensing, regulation and control of seller f liquor.
- The function of a local government shall include the participation of such council in the government of a state as respect to the following matters:
- The provision and maintenance of primary, adult and vocational education.
- The development of Agriculture and national resources other than the exploitation of minerals.
- The provision and maintenance of health services, and
- Such other functions as may be conferred on a local government council by the house of assembly of the state.
- The attainment of creating local government will be reached which is to bring socio-economic development of the local government populance. Proper accounting system should be installed to take care of both the existing and newly created revenue basis. Such accounting system should be capable of ensuring local government revenues and expenditures are well kept.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
first, with reference to Obingwa local government, the main problem of this study is to examine the weakness and limitations that may exist in the accounting system of local governments in Nigeria. Manu scholars have criticized Nigeria local government accounting system following the inherent weakness in the system thus requiring a study of this nature to critically assess these weakness and highlight their attendant implications on financial statements of local governments in Nigeria.
Secondary, there has been a problem presently a financial statement that could reflect the true and fair view of the financial position of the Nigerian local government.