AN ANAYSIS OF THE USES AND ABUSES OF PUBLIC RELATION IN MANAGEMENT IN SELECTED NIGERIA BUSINESS ORGANIZATION
COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIAL COST 3000 NAIRA
Account Name : Chi E-Concept Int’l
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0115939447
Account Name: Chi E-Concept Int’l
Account Name: 3059320631
We also accept : ATM transfer , online money transfer
PAY ONLINE USING YOUR ATM CARD. IT IS SECURED AND RELIABLE.
Call Help Desk Line : 08074466939,08063386834.
After Payment Send Your Payment Details To
08074466939 Or 08063386834, The Project Title You Selected On Our Website , Amount Paid, Depositor Name, Your Email Address, Payment Date. You Will Receive Your Material In Less Than 1 Hour Once We Confirm Your Payment.
WE HAVE SECURITY IN OUR BUSINESS.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
You may also need: web design company in Nigeria
This research, which is limited to Enugu metropolis, undertook a credit analysis of the uses and abuses of relation in management in selected Nigeria business organization.
The main objectives were
– To examine the relevance of public relation in modern business management to find out if the public relation is practiced as a top management function in the companies under study.
– To examine the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the public relations strategies employed by managers in the companies under study
– To find out the attitude of other managers and employees in the companies to public relations.
– To find out the level of acceptance or un-acceptance of public relation as a management function in the companies under study.
– To identify and analyse the uses and abuses of public organization.
– To make appropriate recommendation.
The research questions were.
– What is the relevance of public relations to modern business management.
– Is public relations being practiced as a top management function?
– How do other managers and employees perceive the job of public relations?
– Do the management of companies under study recognize the importance of public relations?
– What are the specific uses of public relations in these organization
Our data were sourced from ANAMMCO Ltd and NITEL ltd. All in Eniugu metropolis and subjected to sophisticated statistical tests.
This leads tot the following findings among others.
– Public relations are relevance t modern business management
– Public relations as practices by management in the organizations as under study are not abused.
– Other managers and employees in the organization are favorably disposed to public relations
– the level of acceptance of public relations as a management function in the companies under study is high.
– All these suggests that all business big or small, should create mutual understanding between her publics and the organization through the activities of he public relations department to enhance growth and development.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- BACKGROUND OF PUBLIC RELATION
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
- RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- OPBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
- LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
- IMPORTING OF PUBLIC RELATION
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
- ORIGIN OF PUBLIC RELATION
- DEFINITION OF PUBLIC RELATION
- PUBLIC RELATION AND PUBLICITY
- PUBLIC RELATION AND MARKETING
- PUBLIC RELATIONS PUBLICS
- THE PUBLIC RELATION PLANS
- THE MEDIA OR PRESS RELATION
- PUBLIC RELATION AND MANAGEMENT
- PUBLIC RELATION AND BUSINESS
- PUBLIC REALTION AND THE SOCIETY
- PROFESSIONAL GUIDELINES ON THE ETHNICS OF BUSINESS
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- SUMMARY OF FINDING
3.0 METHOD OF COLLECTNG AND ANALYSIS
- PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
Information has to be presented to the public about organizational or industrial products and services. As a result the use of public relation in business management is a necessity. To enhance business growth, a firm or an industry should ensure proper image and goodwill. An industry or organization that maintains its reputation before the public is likely to see its goods and or services workers will also seek to work in such firms, just as investors will seeks to buy its shares.
Rex Harlow of San Francesco USA gave one of the most comprehensive definitions of public relations. According to him public relations is a distinctive management function which helps to establish and maintain mutual line of communication, understanding, acceptance and co-operation between an organization and its publics.
There fore, for the fact that no business or organization is an Island, that is, can properly exist without public support, public understanding or interest should be adequate sought for.
According to Ewrneth (1984) “A public exists whenever a group of people is draw together by definite interest in certain areas and has definite opinions upon matters within those areas “The public should be given proper attention, because their opinion may make or mar any business organization.
The public attitude towards on organization is another dimension to understand public relation.
Public relation is the management factions that evaluate public attitude, identifies the policies and procedures of an individual or an organization with the public interest and plans and executes a programme of action to earn public understanding and acceptance.
An attitudinal definition was given by the public relation News of York. Based on the definition, is obvious that a business cannot exist without the existence of consumers who patronize it. There fore, need exists for an effective communication and adequate information on the products or service of a company to e carefully, precisely and constantly disseminate to the publics, whose opinion can affect the organization either positively or negatively, depending on the perception by that public this is to ensure consumer orientation. To enhance good business management, a good public relations department should act according to public interest. As a managerial function public relation practitioner should be vigorously involved in management decision making.
They should be involved in coordinating various departments. Marketing, personnel, purchasing, engineering, accounting and so on to ensure optimum production and service in the organization. This ensure that the good image of the firm is maintained among the populace. Dissemination of information and co-ordination of various department are necessary because every department may not be free to read and search for information in and outside the organization environment. Source will elevate the corporate image and ensure business growth.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The Nigerian telecommunication ltd (NITEL) is a federal government owned company that provides public telecommunication service in Nigeria. The company was set-up in 1985 as an amalgamation of the telecommunication division of the defunct P & T department and the Nigeria, external telecommunications limited (NET). NITEL has staff strength of about twelve thousand (12,000). It operates a three-tier organizational structure, ie. corporate headquarters, six zonal and thirty nine territorial administrations, a system that enhances decentralization.
NITEL was fully commercialized under the privatization and commercialization policy of the federal government. The main objective of the company is to provide an efficient, reliable and cost effective telecommunication services nation wide and internationally Other services provided by the company are INMARSAT service, Network paying service, audio mail services, internet services and line billing.
Mercedes-Benz ANAMCO is a joint venture between the federal government of Nigeria and Daimler-Benz AG/Mercedes-Benz AG of company.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
As population grows and organization expands, there is an increasing need to know the uses of public relations in business management. This will induce greater productivity and economic growth and develop
This article highlights various college of education, polytechnics, universities website in Nigeria.
State college of education
College of Education, Ikere,
Private college of education in Nigeria
Best Legacy College of Education, Ikirun,
College of Education, Foreign Links Campus Moro,
List of Federal Universities in Nigeria
Bayero University, Kano,
University of Nigeria Nsukka,
List of State Universities in Nigeria admission list
Kwara State University, Ilorin, .
Gregory University, Uturu,
Veritas University, .
List of all the Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria
Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State,
List of State Polytechnics in Nigeria
List of Private Polytechnics in Nigeria