PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF OPERATING A SMALL SCALE BUSINESS IN ENUGU METROPOLIS
(A CASE STUDY OF GRAND METROPOLES HOTEL, ENUGU)
COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIAL COST 3000 NAIRA
Account Name : Chi E-Concept Int’l
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0115939447
Account Name: Chi E-Concept Int’l
Account Name: 3059320631
We also accept : ATM transfer , online money transfer
PAY ONLINE USING YOUR ATM CARD. IT IS SECURED AND RELIABLE.
Call Help Desk Line : 08074466939,08063386834.
After Payment Send Your Payment Details To
08074466939 Or 08063386834, The Project Title You Selected On Our Website , Amount Paid, Depositor Name, Your Email Address, Payment Date. You Will Receive Your Material In Less Than 1 Hour Once We Confirm Your Payment.
WE HAVE SECURITY IN OUR BUSINESS.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
You may also need: web design company in Nigeria
This research work is a very crucial study for the managers and prospective owners of Small Scale Hotel. The study has motivated by the diminishing state of the hotels and also the prospects.
To solve the research problem, both the primary and secondary data were collected. The research instrument used in collecting the data were questionnaire, oral interview and field visits. The respondents comprises of the owners, managers and workers Small Scale Hotels in Enugu.
In organizing and presenting data collected, tables and percentages were used. The various hypothesis were tested using the chi-square.
- Most of the respondents rated the performance of hotels as being below standard and easily sheet down.
- Most of the respondents rated the hotels and yielding profits with bright future.
- Most of the respondents between most operators of the hotel are illiterates, has little money and keep no records of business.
- Base on findings, the researcher recommend that:
- All hotels and prospects ones should study the proposed sight of their business before location. i.e proper financial records should be kept e.g the cash book
TABLE OF CONTENT
- BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
- PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
- RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
- LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
- DEFINITION OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS
- WHY PEOPLE WANT TO GO INTO BUSINESS OWNERSHIP
- SCOPE OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS
- TOLE OF SMALL
- SOURCES OF FUND FOR SMALL SCALE BUSINESS
- GOVERNMENT COMMITMENT TO ENCOURAGES THE SMALL SCALE BUSINESS ENTERPRISES
- FEASIBILITY STUDY
- PROBLEMS OF SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES
- AREA OF THE STUDY
- POPULATION OF THE STUDY
- SAMPLE AND SAMPLING PROCEDURE TECHNIQUES
- INSTRUMENT FOR DATA COLLECTION
- VALIDATION OF THE INSTRUMENT
- RELIABILITY OF THE INSTRUMENT
- METHOD OF DATA COLLECTION
- METHOD OF DATA ANALYSIS
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
- PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
- TESTING OF HYPOTHESIS
- SUMMARY OF RESULT
DISCUSSION, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION
- DISCUSSION OF RESULT/FINDINGS
- IMPLICATIONS OF THE RESEARCH FINDINGS
- BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The Hotel business of what could be described as small scale hotel business started as a result of movement of people from one place or town to another. These movement are categorized in:-
- Movement which one locality or town for example going to work from one’s house within the same city or from one’s city to another.
- Movement from one town to another like in the case of Ogui migration where there is an exodus of the people from rural area to the developed Ogui area. In this case, people concerned to go out for greener pasture like looking for better jobs and business.
- Movement from one country to another for wither business, study or search for better jobs.
- Movement to places of interest like – the Olumo Rocks in Abeokuta or Yoruba game reserve.
In 7course of these movement, it has not been easy for people to carry along the required quantity of food and drinks that would last them the length of time they would stay outside their homes. The instructive desire to help in feeding of these group of travelers brought about the business of hotels.
Before the 15th century, what used to be called inns existed in Europe. These were place where travelers called spend a night or two or even more and were served food and drinks at a cost. The inns were merely remedy by inn-keepers between 1750-1850, the year of industrial revolution, the business of hotels became a common thing all over Europe.
In Nigeria, the business is beleected to have started with the arrival of Europeans into the country. Before the Europeans, all travelers woe only cafered for by their hoppetabeo natures. Travelers who come to peace mission were virtually carried for by their hosts. These Europeans or their guide had to make do with the local food which brought about some kind of exchange process.
As this process continued, it dawned on the local people that food could be prepared and sold to these travelers who moved from one place to another. This was the early shape of hotels unfit it grew to its present standard which was made possible by the attendant development of the country by the presence of the Europeans.
However, the small scale business may not be said to have attained its height in hotel management and its operations due to the difference in tradition and cactane in Nigeria. The different ethnic groups or race have their favante dishes some of these dishes are beginning to gain national acceptances, while others are steel confined to their local use by the people concerned. For instance garri is more or less a national food because majority of Nigerian do eat it. One the other hand, “Tuoo” for instance still remain the food for the Northern part of the country.
Hotels plays very important role in the economic activities of the country because almost all business endeavour depends on hotel foundation eats across feeding the work force of the economy.
Besides the fact remains that a good number of hotels in Nigeria needs better operations and management. These observation daily considers the cactaral background and ethnic difference in the country, the problems and prospects of operating and managing hotels in Nigeria therefore are what this research is all about. In order to accomplish this study some hotel in Ogui Enugu has been selected as a case study.
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Government of Federal State and Local levels have set agencies that are specifically changed with providing funds and other services for the small scale business people. The purpose of establishing these support agencies by government is to encourage the rapid development of small or medium scale industries in the country for government want to encourage school levels to establish their own small business or unemployment and for economic development.
These support agencies are National Directorate of Employment (NDE), Funds for Small Scale Industries (FSSI) and National Economic Reconstruction Funds (NERFUND)